Sunday, November 11, 2007




When does fear turn into complacency and how does humility find refuge within pride. How could I of ever become comfortable within an institution that challenges the bounds of excellence? Somewhere down the line, as the semester progressed I found my niche within this school and developed the infamous “I too belong here” mentality. The result… my work may be good but its surly not, reach for the stars great. In the beginning, I worked my butt off in hopes that I would just survive the first week, and now I’m already overlooking the last two weeks of class in anticipation of the holiday break. Excellence hates complacency… and in truth, they can never coexist. Their will always be a struggle between the two, and for excellence at least… you can’t just tolerate it, you must love the struggle. James more inspiringly put it when he said… “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” In all of your obstacles and achievements consider the character within the struggle, and love to learn it. If I leave you with anything it is simply this, complacency is the great equalizer among our people… supercede it with excellence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, you've left me impressed. Somehow, as deep as your writing is, it always seems to make perfect sense!! Gotta love it....